Sri Lanka's Sangakkara passes 10,000 test runs
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara became the 11th cricketer to pass 10,000 test runs in the last over before lunch in the second test against Australia in Melbourne on Wednesday.
The 35-year-old Sangakkara punched an imperious cover drive for four off the bowling of Mitchell Johnson to bring up the milestone and draw a standing ovation from a bumper crowd at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article