Sri Lanka's Sangakkara passes 10,000 test runs
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara became the 11th cricketer to pass 10,000 test runs in the last over before lunch in the second test against Australia in Melbourne on Wednesday.
The 35-year-old Sangakkara punched an imperious cover drive for four off the bowling of Mitchell Johnson to bring up the milestone and draw a standing ovation from a bumper crowd at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies
- India set to challenge U.S. for election-spending record
- Interpol says use of stolen passports on flights "of great concern"
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive