Sri Lanka's Sangakkara passes 10,000 test runs
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara became the 11th cricketer to pass 10,000 test runs in the last over before lunch in the second test against Australia in Melbourne on Wednesday.
The 35-year-old Sangakkara punched an imperious cover drive for four off the bowling of Mitchell Johnson to bring up the milestone and draw a standing ovation from a bumper crowd at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- UPDATE 5-Hezbollah says commander killed in Beirut, blames Israel
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-TV's "Domestic Goddess" Nigella tells UK court she took cocaine
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article