Sri Lanka's Sangakkara passes 10,000 test runs
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara became the 11th cricketer to pass 10,000 test runs in the last over before lunch in the second test against Australia in Melbourne on Wednesday.
The 35-year-old Sangakkara punched an imperious cover drive for four off the bowling of Mitchell Johnson to bring up the milestone and draw a standing ovation from a bumper crowd at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Haemorrhaging talent, Infosys' new CEO allows staff to use Twitter, Facebook
- UPDATE 3-Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- Australia counter-terror police kill man after two officers stabbed
Retaining talent, reviving company
Infosys Ltd's new CEO has come up with a novel approach to reviving the financial fortunes of India's trailblazing outsourcing firm: use Facebook at work, tweet, but get the job done. Full Article