India rejects M&M's proposal for defence JV with Rafael
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India has rejected a proposal by autos-to-software conglomerate Mahindra & Mahindra to set up a joint venture with Israel's Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd, a government statement said on Wednesday.
According to media reports, the companies were to invest about 1 billion rupees to develop and manufacture naval systems.
The Foreign Investment Promotion Board of the Finance Ministry also approved 12 proposals of foreign direct investment amounting to about 8.02 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 3-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article