India rejects M&M's proposal for defence JV with Rafael
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India has rejected a proposal by autos-to-software conglomerate Mahindra & Mahindra to set up a joint venture with Israel's Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd, a government statement said on Wednesday.
According to media reports, the companies were to invest about 1 billion rupees to develop and manufacture naval systems.
The Foreign Investment Promotion Board of the Finance Ministry also approved 12 proposals of foreign direct investment amounting to about 8.02 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article