India rejects M&M's proposal for defence JV with Rafael
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India has rejected a proposal by autos-to-software conglomerate Mahindra & Mahindra to set up a joint venture with Israel's Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd, a government statement said on Wednesday.
According to media reports, the companies were to invest about 1 billion rupees to develop and manufacture naval systems.
The Foreign Investment Promotion Board of the Finance Ministry also approved 12 proposals of foreign direct investment amounting to about 8.02 billion rupees.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week
- UPDATE 4-Security threat reported on Detroit-Denver Delta flight
- Security threat reported on Detroit-Denver Delta flight
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Search resumes after Everest's climbing tragedy
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video