Cabinet approves stake sale in Rashtriya Chemicals
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The cabinet approved selling a further stake in state-run Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd(RSTC.NS), a minister said on Wednesday.
The move is part of the government's plan to raise 300 billion rupees by selling part of its holding in state-run companies in the current fiscal year that ends in March.
The minister, who declined to be named, did not specify the quantum of stake to be sold in the fertiliser maker.
The government, which owns 92.5 percent of Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers, had earlier indicated it may sell 12.5 percent stake in the company.
(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article