Rupee lower; market to be flows driven
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee opens lower, in line with weakness in most Asian FX as U.S. fiscal impasse looms, dealer says. The pair at 55.07/08 versus 54.95/96 Monday close.
"The market being illiquid it won't trade on fundamentals with flows dominating," says foreign bank dealer, who expects the rupee to trade in 54.95-55.35 band in the session.
Most Asian currencies including rupiah, peso, Sing dollar trading softer.
The Dollar Index trading at 79.703, up 0.09 pct, after it rose as high as 79.780 on Tuesday.
The yen sank to a 20-month low in Asian trading on Wednesday, as Shinzo Abe prepared to assume Japan's helm with a mandate to weaken its currency and push for more drastic monetary and fiscal stimulus.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sensex hits record high as BJP wins state polls
- Nokia offers $369 mln deposit to unfreeze Indian assets
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Singapore's 'Little India' hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested
- BJP aims to ride momentum for 2014 after big state wins
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article