Man Utd battle back to sink Newcastle, Man City lose
LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez's last-minute goal earned a 4-3 victory over Newcastle United to open up a seven-point lead at the top of the Premier League after champions Manchester City lost 1-0 at Sunderland.
Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra and Robin van Persie were also on target for United as they came from behind three times to deny Newcastle a rare victory in a thrilling Boxing Day clash at Old Trafford.
Former Manchester City winger Adam Johnson grabbed Sunderland's winner in the second half to leave City only four points above Chelsea who won 1-0 at Norwich City.
Fourth-placed Everton won 2-1 against struggling Wigan Athletic at Goodison Park.
Fulham drew 1-1 with visiting Southampton while relegation contenders Reading were held to a 0-0 draw by Swansea City.
(Reporting by Martyn Herman; editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- Israel's Mossad takes hunt for foreign spies and informants online
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
It is often said that the depth of talent on the PGA Tour has become stronger than ever, but does this apparently widespread belief stand up to statistical analysis? Full Article