KT says submits preliminary bid for Maroc Telecom stake
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean telecommunications firm KT Corp (030200.KS) on December 17 submitted a letter of intent to buy a stake in Maroc Telecom (IAM.CS), a spokeswoman for KT said on Wednesday.
"It is a preliminary proposal and not legally binding," the spokeswoman said, without elaborating.
KT Corp is considering bidding for Vivendi's 53 percent stake in the Moroccan telecom operator, which the seller hopes will fetch 5.5 billion euros ($7.15 billion), two people familiar with the situation told Reuters earlier this month. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing