KT says submits preliminary bid for Maroc Telecom stake
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean telecommunications firm KT Corp (030200.KS) on December 17 submitted a letter of intent to buy a stake in Maroc Telecom (IAM.CS), a spokeswoman for KT said on Wednesday.
"It is a preliminary proposal and not legally binding," the spokeswoman said, without elaborating.
KT Corp is considering bidding for Vivendi's 53 percent stake in the Moroccan telecom operator, which the seller hopes will fetch 5.5 billion euros ($7.15 billion), two people familiar with the situation told Reuters earlier this month. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Led Zeppelin is back with 'Whole Lotta' unreleased tunes
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry