Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush in intensive care-spokesman
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Former President George H.W. Bush is in the intensive care unit of a Houston hospital and is in "guarded condition," family spokesman Jim McGrath said Wednesday.
"The President is alert and conversing with medical staff, and is surrounded by family," McGrath said in a statement.
Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit on Sunday, McGrath said.
(Reporting By Corrie MacLaggan; Editing by Paul Thomasch)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
- GMR, Megawide group set to win Philippine airport contract
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- BSE Sensex marks biggest single-day fall in 3 weeks
- GMR picks Citi, three others for $300-$350 million airport IPO - sources
UNREST IN THAILAND
Anti-government protesters in Thailand pinned their hopes on winning support from the powerful security forces on Thursday as they push to oust Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and install an unelected administration. Full Article
Amount of dirty money leaving developing world jumped 14 pct in 2011 - report. Full Article
U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store. Full Article