Adidas CEO sees 2012 sales exceed 14.5 billion euros
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Adidas, the world's No. 2 sportswear group, expects sales to be "higher than 14.5 billion euros" this year, Chief Executive Herbert Hainer told German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung.
Adidas has so far forecast sales of about 14.5 billion euros in 2012, up from 13.3 billion in 2011. According to Thomson Reuters database Starmine, Adidas is expected to achieve 14.9 billion euros in sales this year.
Hainer also said, without elaborating, that Adidas would launch a new running shoe that would "revolutionise the market."
(Reporting by Christoph Steitz; Editing by Richard Chang)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Teen who stowed away on flight to Hawaii remains hospitalized
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- Comcast nears deal with Charter on $18-$20 bln in divestitures -source
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- Malaysia flight's co-pilot tried to make cellphone call - report