Rupee rises for third day; 54.50 strong support
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains for a third session, pair at 54.75/77 versus 54.8350/8450 close on Wednesday.
Dealers say strong capital inflows continue to support the rupee with inflows into stocks having topped $24 billion so far in 2012, with over $4 billion in December alone.
Month-end oil related dollar demand may offer some support to pair, dealers say.
Pair has immediate support at 54.65, which offered good resistance on way up, followed by stronger support at 54.50.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article