Rupee rises for third day; 54.50 strong support
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains for a third session, pair at 54.75/77 versus 54.8350/8450 close on Wednesday.
Dealers say strong capital inflows continue to support the rupee with inflows into stocks having topped $24 billion so far in 2012, with over $4 billion in December alone.
Month-end oil related dollar demand may offer some support to pair, dealers say.
Pair has immediate support at 54.65, which offered good resistance on way up, followed by stronger support at 54.50.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Woman isolated in NJ under Ebola rules tests negative
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article