Rupee rises for third day; 54.50 strong support
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee extends gains for a third session, pair at 54.75/77 versus 54.8350/8450 close on Wednesday.
Dealers say strong capital inflows continue to support the rupee with inflows into stocks having topped $24 billion so far in 2012, with over $4 billion in December alone.
Month-end oil related dollar demand may offer some support to pair, dealers say.
Pair has immediate support at 54.65, which offered good resistance on way up, followed by stronger support at 54.50.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article