Sharp plan to sell Nanjing plant to Hon Hai on hold - media
TOKYO (Reuters) - Struggling Japanese TV maker Sharp Corp's plan to sell its Nanjing plant in China to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has been frozen as a result of a disagreement on price and other conditions, the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun newspaper said on its website on Thursday.
Sharp is also having trouble sealing a deal to sell its Malaysian plant to Hon Hai, the paper said, without naming sources.
Sharp's talks with Hon Hai to renegotiate its investment in the Japanese firm have stalled in the past few months as Sharp's losses have grown.
(Reporting by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
India's Smartphone Wars
Baidu boosts location-based platform with new services, $10 mln investment Full Article