RPT-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 28 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Private equity firm American Securities LLC said on Thursday it sold a U.S. media production company to peer Crestview Partners, in one of the clearest examples yet of a firm rushing to close a deal before the end of the year to avoid a potentially larger tax bill.
* Software maker Synchronoss Technologies Inc said it bought NewBay, the cloud services unit of Research In Motion Ltd , for $55.5 million in cash.
* Struggling Japanese TV maker Sharp Corp's plan to sell its Nanjing plant in China to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has been frozen and may not materialise, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- China deploys 10 satellites to help in search for Malaysia jet
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
The so-far fruitless search for a missing Malaysian airliner entered its fourth day, as sources in Europe, the United States and Asia voiced growing scepticism that the flight lost 239 people on board was the target of an attack. Full Article