RPT-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 28 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Private equity firm American Securities LLC said on Thursday it sold a U.S. media production company to peer Crestview Partners, in one of the clearest examples yet of a firm rushing to close a deal before the end of the year to avoid a potentially larger tax bill.
* Software maker Synchronoss Technologies Inc said it bought NewBay, the cloud services unit of Research In Motion Ltd , for $55.5 million in cash.
* Struggling Japanese TV maker Sharp Corp's plan to sell its Nanjing plant in China to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has been frozen and may not materialise, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article