Dec 28 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Private equity firm American Securities LLC said on Thursday it sold a U.S. media production company to peer Crestview Partners, in one of the clearest examples yet of a firm rushing to close a deal before the end of the year to avoid a potentially larger tax bill.
* Software maker Synchronoss Technologies Inc said it bought NewBay, the cloud services unit of Research In Motion Ltd , for $55.5 million in cash.
* Struggling Japanese TV maker Sharp Corp's plan to sell its Nanjing plant in China to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has been frozen and may not materialise, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves