Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 28 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Private equity firm American Securities LLC said on Thursday it sold a U.S. media production company to peer Crestview Partners, in one of the clearest examples yet of a firm rushing to close a deal before the end of the year to avoid a potentially larger tax bill.
* Software maker Synchronoss Technologies Inc said it bought NewBay, the cloud services unit of Research In Motion Ltd , for $55.5 million in cash.
* Struggling Japanese TV maker Sharp Corp's plan to sell its Nanjing plant in China to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has been frozen and may not materialise, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Erdogan says Turkey may ban Facebook, YouTube over wiretaps
- U.S. says ready to do business with BJP's Narendra Modi
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article