Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 28 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Private equity firm American Securities LLC said on Thursday it sold a U.S. media production company to peer Crestview Partners, in one of the clearest examples yet of a firm rushing to close a deal before the end of the year to avoid a potentially larger tax bill.
* Software maker Synchronoss Technologies Inc said it bought NewBay, the cloud services unit of Research In Motion Ltd , for $55.5 million in cash.
* Struggling Japanese TV maker Sharp Corp's plan to sell its Nanjing plant in China to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has been frozen and may not materialise, a source familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House passes bill to avert govt shutdown, extend Export-Import bank
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- UPDATE 2-Bug delays Apple's HealthKit availability on iOS 8
The United States said on Wednesday it will press Prime Minister Narendra Modi to end his blockage of a global trade pact when he visits Washington this month, something that could dampen the mood of a trip aimed at revitalizing strategic ties. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article