LONDON A magnitude 5.6 earthquake struck Indonesia, off the island of Sulawesi, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
It struck at a depth of 102 km (63 miles), 90 km south of Gorontalo, at 1:32 a.m. on Saturday (1732 GMT Friday). There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
(Writing by Alison Williams; Editing by Jon Hemming)
Trending On Reuters
The United States and its NATO allies denounced Russia on Monday for violating Turkish air space along the frontier with Syria, and Ankara threatened to respond if provoked again, raising the prospect of direct confrontation between the Cold War enemies. Full Article | Video
- U.N. to hold off on separate Afghan bombing probe for now
- Israel toughens measures against Palestinians, West Bank youth killed
- U.S.-Russia agreement on Syria might help on Ukraine - Finnish leader
- German interior minister calls for limit to number of refugees
- With a whiff of Wall Street, Indonesia's Jokowi tries a new tack