Magnitude 5.6 quake off Sulawesi, Indonesia
LONDON (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.6 earthquake struck Indonesia, off the island of Sulawesi, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
It struck at a depth of 102 km (63 miles), 90 km south of Gorontalo, at 1:32 a.m. on Saturday (1732 GMT Friday). There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
(Writing by Alison Williams; Editing by Jon Hemming)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- India blocks WTO deal on customs rules as deadline nears
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry pressed regional proxies to nail down a Gaza ceasefire on Friday as the civilian death toll soared, threatening to spread Israeli-Palestinian bloodshed to the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem. Full Article