MARKET EYE WEEKAHEAD - Focus on current account for Indian stocks
Reuters Market Eye - India's current account data for July-September due on Monday is emerging as the biggest domestic factor amid concerns it will show a record high deficit, leading to a negative balance of payments.
Traders are also eyeing any official announcement on a hike in diesel prices, after local media reported plans to gradually raise fuel prices.
Developments over the U.S. "fiscal cliff" also loom large, with failure to clinch a deal seen hurting global equities.
Among individual stocks, investors also continue to wait for a decision from Gulf carrier Etihad Airways, which has been in talks to buy a partial stake of either Jet Airways (JET.NS) or Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS).
Monday: July-Sept current account deficit, BOP
November infrastructure data, fiscal deficit Wednesday: December manufacturing PMI Friday: December services PMI
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article