Drug Safety Settlement
Japanese drugmaker Daiichi Sankyo Co, which bought control of Ranbaxy Laboratories in 2008, said it believes unnamed former shareholders of the company hid information regarding U.S. regulatory probes into Ranbaxy. Full Article
- Gold slips after Bernanke hints at slowing bond buys
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- Short story writer Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International fiction prize
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Egypt pound hits record low under new currency regime
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Egyptian pound hit a record low on Sunday of about 6.30 to the dollar after the central bank introduced a new currency regime, bankers said.
The previous low for the pound, in October 2004, was about 6.26 to the dollar. The pound opened earlier on Sunday in the interbank bank market with bids of around 6.185 to the dollar.
The central bank said on Saturday it was introducing the new regime to conserve foreign reserves, which it said had fallen to a critically low level.
(Reporting by Patrick Werr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this