Bharti Infratel shares gain on FTSE inclusion
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Bharti Infratel rose 1.3 percent after the FTSE said on Friday it would include the mobile tower company to its large cap index starting on January 7, with an investability weighting of 9 percent.
Market participants said the move was sentimentally positive, and would prompt buying from passive trackers of the FTSE indexes.
Bharti Infratel shares slumped 13 percent on its listing day on Friday, weighed by cautious outlook for the mobile tower operator.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article