Bharti Infratel shares gain on FTSE inclusion
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Bharti Infratel rose 1.3 percent after the FTSE said on Friday it would include the mobile tower company to its large cap index starting on January 7, with an investability weighting of 9 percent.
Market participants said the move was sentimentally positive, and would prompt buying from passive trackers of the FTSE indexes.
Bharti Infratel shares slumped 13 percent on its listing day on Friday, weighed by cautious outlook for the mobile tower operator.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Hewlett-Packard posts surprise revenue gain after PC sales jump
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Billy Crystal to commemorate late actor Robin Williams at Emmys
Some of India's biggest companies are pouring billions of dollars into manufacturing guns, ships and tanks for the country's military, buoyed by the new government's commitment to upgrade its armed forces using domestic factories. Full Article