Bharti Infratel shares gain on FTSE inclusion
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Bharti Infratel rose 1.3 percent after the FTSE said on Friday it would include the mobile tower company to its large cap index starting on January 7, with an investability weighting of 9 percent.
Market participants said the move was sentimentally positive, and would prompt buying from passive trackers of the FTSE indexes.
Bharti Infratel shares slumped 13 percent on its listing day on Friday, weighed by cautious outlook for the mobile tower operator.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article