November infrastructure output up 1.8 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's infrastructure sector output grew 1.8 percent in November from a year earlier, a sharp fall from the upwardly revised annual growth of 6.6 percent in the previous month, government data showed on Monday.
The infrastructure output for eight sectors - coal, crude oil, oil refinery, natural gas, steel, cement, electricity and fertilisers - grew at an annual 3.5 percent in the April-November period compared with 4.8 percent a year earlier.
The infrastructure sector accounts for 37.9 percent of India's industrial output.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- LAPD investigates complaint from detained 'Django' actress
- Alibaba to boost IPO size on "overwhelming" demand - sources
Government officials will meet on Tuesday to discuss proposals to shut down some loss-making state-owned companies, risking a conflict with powerful trade unions. Full Article
INSIGHT - "Mr. Confession" and his boss drive China's antitrust crusade . Full Article