November infrastructure output up 1.8 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's infrastructure sector output grew 1.8 percent in November from a year earlier, a sharp fall from the upwardly revised annual growth of 6.6 percent in the previous month, government data showed on Monday.
The infrastructure output for eight sectors - coal, crude oil, oil refinery, natural gas, steel, cement, electricity and fertilisers - grew at an annual 3.5 percent in the April-November period compared with 4.8 percent a year earlier.
The infrastructure sector accounts for 37.9 percent of India's industrial output.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- WRAPUP 6-Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
A missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before vanishing from radar screens, military officers said on Sunday, deepening the mystery surrounding the fate of the plane and the 239 people aboard. Full Article