UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 31 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Monday:
* Guardian Media Group Plc has received expressions of interest for its Auto Trader subsidiary that could lead to a 600 million pounds ($967.68 million) windfall for the struggling newspaper group, the Telegraph reported. ()
* Mumbai-based billionaire Ajay Piramal's eponymous Piramal Group is in advanced talks to buy U.S. private equity firm TPG Capital Management LP's 20.27 percent stake in India's largest truck financier, Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd , for around 35 billion rupees, the Economic Times reported citing two people with direct knowledge of the negotiations. ()
* Shares of Australia's Sundance Resources Ltd surged more than 17 percent on Monday after the Republic of Congo granted it a key mining permit and following reports China's Hanlong Group plans to complete its long-delayed $1.4 billion takeover by March.
* Taiwan's Chinatrust Commercial Bank is in talks with U.S. investment fund Lone Star Funds and other shareholders of Tokyo Star Bank to take over the Japanese lender for some 50 billion yen ($580.75 million)Japanese media reported on Sunday.
* Carlo Tassara Group, former majority owner of Polish bank Alior Bank SA, is expected to name advisors this week to sell its remaining stake in the company, Il Sole 24 Ore newspaper reported on Sunday.
* Consolidation of European banks is not yet at an end, and Germany's sector with its many small banks will have to change, the co-chief executive of Deutsche Bank AG told a German newspaper.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- UPDATE 3-Time running out for EU bid to engage Russia, Germany warns
- UPDATE 3-Men's Wearhouse stitches up deal to buy Jos. A. Bank
- When Zach met Barack: pitching Obamacare online
Consumer inflation and industrial output data on Wednesday will likely offer little evidence of a respite from high inflation and weak economic growth before a general election that begins next month. Full Article
India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources. Full Article
EXCLUSIVE - India to slash Iran oil imports to meet nuclear deal parameters: sources. Full Article