Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 31 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Monday:
* Mumbai-based billionaire Ajay Piramal's eponymous Piramal Group is in advanced talks to buy U.S. private equity firm TPG Capital Management LP's 20.27 percent stake in India's largest truck financier, Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd , for around 35 billion rupees, the Economic Times reported citing two people with direct knowledge of the negotiations. ()
* Shares of Australia's Sundance Resources Ltd surged more than 17 percent on Monday after the Republic of Congo granted it a key mining permit and following reports China's Hanlong Group plans to complete its long-delayed $1.4 billion takeover by March.
* Taiwan's Chinatrust Commercial Bank is in talks with U.S. investment fund Lone Star Funds and other shareholders of Tokyo Star Bank to take over the Japanese lender for some 50 billion yen ($580.75 million)Japanese media reported on Sunday.
* Carlo Tassara Group, former majority owner of Polish bank Alior Bank SA, is expected to name advisors this week to sell its remaining stake in the company, Il Sole 24 Ore newspaper reported on Sunday.
* Consolidation of European banks is not yet at an end, and Germany's sector with its many small banks will have to change, the co-chief executive of Deutsche Bank AG told a German newspaper.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article