Rupee marginally lower on last day of 2012
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee continues to trade marginally lower at 54.78/79 versus its previous close of 54.7550/7660 as mild dollar demand from oil refiners at month-end gets offset by dollar sales by exporters.
The pair has been wedged in a narrow 54.75 to 54.81 band so far in the session.
Trading is also dull on the last day of 2012 as most Asian and western European markets are either closed or will be closing early for the day.
Traders to await resolution of the U.S. fiscal cliff for near-term direction while domestically the September quarter current account deficit data due at 5 p.m. will be watched.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article