Reuters Market Eye - Rupee continues to trade marginally lower at 54.78/79 versus its previous close of 54.7550/7660 as mild dollar demand from oil refiners at month-end gets offset by dollar sales by exporters.
The pair has been wedged in a narrow 54.75 to 54.81 band so far in the session.
Trading is also dull on the last day of 2012 as most Asian and western European markets are either closed or will be closing early for the day.
Traders to await resolution of the U.S. fiscal cliff for near-term direction while domestically the September quarter current account deficit data due at 5 p.m. will be watched.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
Trending On Reuters
Thousands of Nepalese huddled under tents and sought scarce food and medical supplies on Monday, two days after a massive quake killed more than 3,200 people and overwhelmed authorities. Full Article | Slideshow
- Quake warnings of minutes, not hours, are possible, but pricey
- UNICEF says nearly a million children "severely affected" in Nepal
- Factbox - Foreigners in Nepal at time of deadly earthquake
- "Demons on the mountain"; survivors recall avalanche terror
- In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselves