Liverpool's Enrique suffers torn hamstring
LONDON (Reuters) - Liverpool left back Jose Enrique is set for a spell on the sidelines after tearing his hamstring in Sunday's win over Queens Park Rangers, assistant manager Colin Pascoe said.
The Spaniard limped off after 71 minutes of the 3-0 premier League win at Loftus Road.
"Unfortunately, it looks like he's got a tear in his hamstring," Pascoe, who was standing in for manager Brendan Rodgers who was ill, said on the club website (www.liverpoolfc.com).
"He was terrific today, absolutely superb, and the way he's been performing these last couple of months has been a joy to watch.
"It's a shame, and hopefully he's not out for too long."
(Reporting by Toby Davis; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
- UPDATE 2-Bombardier plans more job cuts, Russia plans intact
- UPDATE 1-EU adopts toughest Russian sanctions yet, targets 5 Russian banks
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-GE credit card unit Synchrony makes muted debut on NYSE
Spinner Moeen Ali claimed six wickets to inspire England to a crushing 266-run win over India on Thursday to level an absorbing series at 1-1 with two matches to play. Full Article