Liverpool's Enrique suffers torn hamstring
LONDON (Reuters) - Liverpool left back Jose Enrique is set for a spell on the sidelines after tearing his hamstring in Sunday's win over Queens Park Rangers, assistant manager Colin Pascoe said.
The Spaniard limped off after 71 minutes of the 3-0 premier League win at Loftus Road.
"Unfortunately, it looks like he's got a tear in his hamstring," Pascoe, who was standing in for manager Brendan Rodgers who was ill, said on the club website (www.liverpoolfc.com).
"He was terrific today, absolutely superb, and the way he's been performing these last couple of months has been a joy to watch.
"It's a shame, and hopefully he's not out for too long."
(Reporting by Toby Davis; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
Recent episodes of vomiting suffered by Barcelona forward Lionel Messi are "not normal" but they do not affect his performance and there is no cause for alarm, coach Gerardo Martino said on Friday. Full Article
"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend. Full Article