Liverpool's Enrique suffers torn hamstring
LONDON (Reuters) - Liverpool left back Jose Enrique is set for a spell on the sidelines after tearing his hamstring in Sunday's win over Queens Park Rangers, assistant manager Colin Pascoe said.
The Spaniard limped off after 71 minutes of the 3-0 premier League win at Loftus Road.
"Unfortunately, it looks like he's got a tear in his hamstring," Pascoe, who was standing in for manager Brendan Rodgers who was ill, said on the club website (www.liverpoolfc.com).
"He was terrific today, absolutely superb, and the way he's been performing these last couple of months has been a joy to watch.
"It's a shame, and hopefully he's not out for too long."
(Reporting by Toby Davis; editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
Indian boxer L Sarita Devi could face disciplinary action after being reported to Asian Olympic officials for refusing to accept her bronze medal at the Asian Games on Wednesday. Full Article