Potential U.S. fiscal cliff deal emerges in Senate - sources
WASHINGTON, Dec 31 - U.S. Senate Republicans on Monday appeared to be coalescing around a potential solution to the "fiscal cliff" crisis with a plan that would continue expiring tax cuts for household incomes of up to $450,000, congressional sources said on Monday.
"I think a majority of our caucus will go along with it," a senior Senate Republican aide told Reuters.
Senate Democrats had not yet expressed positions on the emerging deal.
(Reporting by Thomas Ferraro, Richard Cowan and Kim Dixon; Editing by Will Dunham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Judge allows $2 bln sale of NBA's Los Angeles Clippers to proceed
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- UPDATE 6-Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar to stave off competition
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- UPDATE 5-Property website Zillow to buy rival Trulia to cut costs
Indian conglomerate Larsen & Toubro said on Monday revenue totalled 191.23 billion Indian rupees ($3.2 billion) in the first quarter, beating analyst forecasts, after a rise in orders from international clients. Full Article