Potential U.S. fiscal cliff deal emerges in Senate - sources
WASHINGTON, Dec 31 - U.S. Senate Republicans on Monday appeared to be coalescing around a potential solution to the "fiscal cliff" crisis with a plan that would continue expiring tax cuts for household incomes of up to $450,000, congressional sources said on Monday.
"I think a majority of our caucus will go along with it," a senior Senate Republican aide told Reuters.
Senate Democrats had not yet expressed positions on the emerging deal.
(Reporting by Thomas Ferraro, Richard Cowan and Kim Dixon; Editing by Will Dunham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- New Microsoft CEO Nadella impresses Wall Street, stresses challenges
Japan's NTT DoCoMo will unload its 26.5 percent stake in loss-making Indian mobile phone joint venture Tata Teleservices and exit the country as it struggles with tough price competition, sources familiar with the matter said. Full Article | Quote
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article