Potential U.S. fiscal cliff deal emerges in Senate - sources
WASHINGTON, Dec 31 - U.S. Senate Republicans on Monday appeared to be coalescing around a potential solution to the "fiscal cliff" crisis with a plan that would continue expiring tax cuts for household incomes of up to $450,000, congressional sources said on Monday.
"I think a majority of our caucus will go along with it," a senior Senate Republican aide told Reuters.
Senate Democrats had not yet expressed positions on the emerging deal.
(Reporting by Thomas Ferraro, Richard Cowan and Kim Dixon; Editing by Will Dunham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 3-Putin defends Crimea's decision to hold referendum
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive