Potential U.S. fiscal cliff deal emerges in Senate - sources
WASHINGTON, Dec 31 - U.S. Senate Republicans on Monday appeared to be coalescing around a potential solution to the "fiscal cliff" crisis with a plan that would continue expiring tax cuts for household incomes of up to $450,000, congressional sources said on Monday.
"I think a majority of our caucus will go along with it," a senior Senate Republican aide told Reuters.
Senate Democrats had not yet expressed positions on the emerging deal.
(Reporting by Thomas Ferraro, Richard Cowan and Kim Dixon; Editing by Will Dunham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups