Potential U.S. fiscal cliff deal emerges in Senate - sources
WASHINGTON, Dec 31 - U.S. Senate Republicans on Monday appeared to be coalescing around a potential solution to the "fiscal cliff" crisis with a plan that would continue expiring tax cuts for household incomes of up to $450,000, congressional sources said on Monday.
"I think a majority of our caucus will go along with it," a senior Senate Republican aide told Reuters.
Senate Democrats had not yet expressed positions on the emerging deal.
(Reporting by Thomas Ferraro, Richard Cowan and Kim Dixon; Editing by Will Dunham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- UPDATE 2-Suspected Boko Haram fighters kidnap 25 girls in northeast Nigeria