Reuters Market Eye - TOP FIVE THEMES FOR INDIAN STOCKS IN 2013:
*Acronyms in fiscal and economic reforms: GAAR, GST, STT
* Disinvestment and IPOs: BSE listing could be key
* FIIs vs DIIs: As FII positions become overweight, lack of DII buying would spell trouble
* Valuations and earnings: Not far from historic averages of 15-16 times; earnings to grow 9-10 percent
* Cyclicals to overtake defensives and interest rate-sensitives? Watch global economy, domestic consumer
TOP FIVE THEMES FOR INDIAN DEBT IN 2013:
* Bull-steepening potential on RBI rate cuts
* Call rates to stay above repo rate, OIS inverted in continued liquidity squeeze
* With CRR at near historic lows, OMOs may remain liquidity tool
* Fiscal, economic reforms may be undone by populist 2013/14 budget
* Bond market reforms: withholding taxes, FII limits will be key
TOP FIVE THEMES FOR INDIAN FX IN 2013:
* RBI's interest rate cuts may support
* RBI FX reserves at 6-7 months' import cover
* Global risk and outlook for euro, dollar
* Current account deficit/balance of payments: structural or cyclical?
* FII flows: strong stock buying in 2012 sets up prospect of falling inflows
(Reporting by Rafael Nam)
New RBI chief's policies to broadly echo Rajan's: Reuters poll
BENGALURU Indian monetary policy is likely to stay broadly unchanged when Urjit Patel takes over as Reserve Bank of India governor, according to a Reuters poll, but his approach to cleaning up public banks' bad debts could be less stringent.
Interview: Oil market rebalancing could take until end 2017 - Shell
STAVANGER, Norway The huge global oil oversupply that has weighed on prices for the past two years may not clear until the second half of 2017, Shell's chief energy adviser Wim Thomas told Reuters.
Wall St gains as financials rally on Fed rate comments
Wall Street snapped a three-day losing streak on Monday as financial stocks rose after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said the case for an interest rate hike had strengthened.