Nifty may inch towards 6,200 in Jan: traders
Reuters Market Eye - Option traders see a probability of Nifty inching closer to 6,200 levels in the January derivative series which ends on January 31.
Nifty January 6,200 call added positions worth $101 million on Monday alongside an increase in NSE's volatility index or VIX, signifying buying action, UBS said in a note.
6,200 January call is 1 million shares away from commanding the highest open interest among Nifty calls, compared to 6,000 call, which holds 5.5 million shares in outstanding positions, as of December 31, as per NSE data.
Positions in put options on Nifty imply support at 5,800 level, traders added.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article