Nifty may inch towards 6,200 in Jan: traders
Reuters Market Eye - Option traders see a probability of Nifty inching closer to 6,200 levels in the January derivative series which ends on January 31.
Nifty January 6,200 call added positions worth $101 million on Monday alongside an increase in NSE's volatility index or VIX, signifying buying action, UBS said in a note.
6,200 January call is 1 million shares away from commanding the highest open interest among Nifty calls, compared to 6,000 call, which holds 5.5 million shares in outstanding positions, as of December 31, as per NSE data.
Positions in put options on Nifty imply support at 5,800 level, traders added.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Health workers strike at Sierra Leone Ebola hospital
- U.S. planes strike militants near Iraq's Amerli, airdrop aid
- Modi seeks Japan's help for 'inclusive vision' on first big trip
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
India is better prepared to handle the impact of interest rate increases in the United States as foreign funds are less likely to desert the country due to signs of an upturn in economic growth, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) chief said in an interview published on Sunday. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
Bahrain Batelco says India ex-partner is bankrupt, seeks $212 million owed Full Article