Urjit Patel appointed as RBI deputy governor - banking secy
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Urjit Patel has been appointed as a deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India, banking secretary D.K. Mittal told Reuters on Wednesday.
Patel will replace Subir Gokarn, who was heading the monetary policy department, among others in the central bank.
Prior to his appointment, Patel was an adviser in the Boston Consulting Group.
Gokarn's term as a deputy governor ended on December 31.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 7-Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- US STOCKS-Wall St dips as investors mull Fed tapering after budget deal