The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- India gripes over border, trade woes on Li's trip
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- HSBC cuts gold, silver price forecasts for 2013, 2014
- EXCLUSIVE - Bangladesh factory banned by Wal-Mart still makes Wrangler shirts
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Urjit Patel appointed as RBI deputy governor - banking secy
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Urjit Patel has been appointed as a deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India, banking secretary D.K. Mittal told Reuters on Wednesday.
Patel will replace Subir Gokarn, who was heading the monetary policy department, among others in the central bank.
Prior to his appointment, Patel was an adviser in the Boston Consulting Group.
Gokarn's term as a deputy governor ended on December 31.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this