Urjit Patel appointed as RBI deputy governor - banking secy
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Urjit Patel has been appointed as a deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India, banking secretary D.K. Mittal told Reuters on Wednesday.
Patel will replace Subir Gokarn, who was heading the monetary policy department, among others in the central bank.
Prior to his appointment, Patel was an adviser in the Boston Consulting Group.
Gokarn's term as a deputy governor ended on December 31.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Singapore's megachurches move to export lucrative religion
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article