Urjit Patel appointed as RBI deputy governor - banking secy
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Urjit Patel has been appointed as a deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India, banking secretary D.K. Mittal told Reuters on Wednesday.
Patel will replace Subir Gokarn, who was heading the monetary policy department, among others in the central bank.
Prior to his appointment, Patel was an adviser in the Boston Consulting Group.
Gokarn's term as a deputy governor ended on December 31.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Teen stole part from wrecked Porsche in Paul Walker crash: police
- Elephant wanders around Rome for two hours after circus breakout
- Deadly ice storm in U.S. knocks out power, halts flights
- Chinese mourn Mandela; ask awkward questions about own dissidents
- Historic global trade deal on ice as Cuba holds out