Urjit Patel appointed as RBI deputy governor - banking secy
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Urjit Patel has been appointed as a deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India, banking secretary D.K. Mittal told Reuters on Wednesday.
Patel will replace Subir Gokarn, who was heading the monetary policy department, among others in the central bank.
Prior to his appointment, Patel was an adviser in the Boston Consulting Group.
Gokarn's term as a deputy governor ended on December 31.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Haemorrhaging talent, Infosys' new CEO allows staff to use Twitter, Facebook
- UPDATE 3-Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- Australia counter-terror police kill man after two officers stabbed
Retaining talent, reviving company
Infosys Ltd's new CEO has come up with a novel approach to reviving the financial fortunes of India's trailblazing outsourcing firm: use Facebook at work, tweet, but get the job done. Full Article