Gold imports may rise in Oct-Dec - Kotak
Reuters Market Eye - Finance Minister Chidambaram says government considering raising cost of gold imports, a key contributor to India's record current account deficit and thus a pressure on the rupee.
Gold imports showed some moderation in July-September, with bullion's share of total imports declining to 8.9 percent compared to 11.6 percent in same quarter in previous year, says Yes Bank.
Gold imports may have risen in the October-December quarter which included the Diwali and marriage season, and imports may remain high as real returns from domestic deposits remain low, says Kotak Mahindra Bank.
RBI is pushing for gold being held via exchange traded funds, inflation linked bonds as alternatives.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- UPDATE 7-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article