Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 3 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Microsoft Corp bought start-up id8 Group R2 Studios Inc as it looks to expand further in technology focused on the home and entertainment, a person familiar with the situation said on Wednesday.
* Private-equity firm Rizvi Traverse Management LLC has closed a deal to buy a majority stake in music performance-rights company SESAC Inc for about $600 million, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the deal.
* Irish building material maker CRH Plc and Swiss cement and aggregates giant Holcim are in independent talks with the Shriram Group to purchase a controlling stake in Sree Jayajothi Cements, which owns a 3.2-million-tonne cement plant in Andhra Pradesh, signalling interest by overseas companies in the Indian cement market, the Economic Times reported citing a person with knowledge of the development. ()
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Haemorrhaging talent, Infosys' new CEO allows staff to use Twitter, Facebook
- UPDATE 3-Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- Australia counter-terror police kill man after two officers stabbed
Retaining talent, reviving company
Infosys Ltd's new CEO has come up with a novel approach to reviving the financial fortunes of India's trailblazing outsourcing firm: use Facebook at work, tweet, but get the job done. Full Article