Indian shares gain for third day; tech stocks lead
MUMBAI Jan 3 (Reuters) - Indian shares edged higher on Thursday for a third consecutive session of gains, as technology stocks, such as Infosys, advanced on expectations for better-than-expected quarterly earnings results.
Infosys Ltd provisionally rose 1.6 percent, while Tata Consultancy Services Ltd gained 1.55 percent. Software services exporters will start reporting October-December earnings results next week.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.2 percent, while the 50-share NSE index also rose 0.2 percent, closing above the psychologically key level of 6,000 points. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia
- Microsoft sales beat Street hopes, cloud profits up
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Google commits to $1 billion in long-term office leases
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article