Indian shares gain for third day; tech stocks lead
MUMBAI Jan 3 (Reuters) - Indian shares edged higher on Thursday for a third consecutive session of gains, as technology stocks, such as Infosys, advanced on expectations for better-than-expected quarterly earnings results.
Infosys Ltd provisionally rose 1.6 percent, while Tata Consultancy Services Ltd gained 1.55 percent. Software services exporters will start reporting October-December earnings results next week.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.2 percent, while the 50-share NSE index also rose 0.2 percent, closing above the psychologically key level of 6,000 points. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.5 percent to an all-time high of 27,759.01. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article