Indian shares gain for third day; tech stocks lead
MUMBAI Jan 3 (Reuters) - Indian shares edged higher on Thursday for a third consecutive session of gains, as technology stocks, such as Infosys, advanced on expectations for better-than-expected quarterly earnings results.
Infosys Ltd provisionally rose 1.6 percent, while Tata Consultancy Services Ltd gained 1.55 percent. Software services exporters will start reporting October-December earnings results next week.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.2 percent, while the 50-share NSE index also rose 0.2 percent, closing above the psychologically key level of 6,000 points. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article