Indian shares gain for third day; tech stocks lead
MUMBAI Jan 3 (Reuters) - Indian shares edged higher on Thursday for a third consecutive session of gains, as technology stocks, such as Infosys, advanced on expectations for better-than-expected quarterly earnings results.
Infosys Ltd provisionally rose 1.6 percent, while Tata Consultancy Services Ltd gained 1.55 percent. Software services exporters will start reporting October-December earnings results next week.
The BSE index provisionally gained 0.2 percent, while the 50-share NSE index also rose 0.2 percent, closing above the psychologically key level of 6,000 points. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TCS net profit rises 51.5 percent, beats estimates
- UPDATE 5-Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes - coastguard
- Infosys says staff exodus a worry after Q4 profits beat estimates
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Pro-Russians take control of Ukrainian troop carriers
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd , India's largest IT services exporter, posted a 51.5 percent rise in quarterly net profit, beating expectations, as it won more contracts in Europe and some emerging markets. Full Article | Full Coverage