SpiceJet gains on foreign investment hopes
Reuters Market Eye - SpiceJet (SPJT.BO) ended nearly 1 percent higher on hopes the carrier would also attract foreign investment after a senior government source told reporters rival Jet Airways(JET.NS) was the front-runner to win an investment from Etihad Airways.
Later Jet Airways (JET.NS) said that it was in talks with Etihad for a potential stake sale in the Indian carrier, although terms have not been finalised yet. The statement was the first confirmation of a potential deal by either side.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
Trending On Reuters
Barack Obama in India
In a glow of bonhomie, U.S. President Barack Obama and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled plans to unlock billions of dollars in nuclear trade and to deepen defence ties, steps they hope will establish an enduring strategic partnership. Read | Slideshow
- Video: Modi receives Obama at the airport
- "We have a deal" - insurance may unlock India-U.S. atomic trade
- U.S.-China climate deal does not put pressure on India, says Modi
- Obama backs India's solar goals, seeks support for climate talks
- Column - U.S. and India: Two democracies should join to balance China's rise
Indian economic growth forecasts pegged back, despite rate cuts: Reuters Poll. Full Article