SpiceJet gains on foreign investment hopes
Reuters Market Eye - SpiceJet (SPJT.BO) ended nearly 1 percent higher on hopes the carrier would also attract foreign investment after a senior government source told reporters rival Jet Airways(JET.NS) was the front-runner to win an investment from Etihad Airways.
Later Jet Airways (JET.NS) said that it was in talks with Etihad for a potential stake sale in the Indian carrier, although terms have not been finalised yet. The statement was the first confirmation of a potential deal by either side.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article