SpiceJet gains on foreign investment hopes
Reuters Market Eye - SpiceJet (SPJT.BO) ended nearly 1 percent higher on hopes the carrier would also attract foreign investment after a senior government source told reporters rival Jet Airways(JET.NS) was the front-runner to win an investment from Etihad Airways.
Later Jet Airways (JET.NS) said that it was in talks with Etihad for a potential stake sale in the Indian carrier, although terms have not been finalised yet. The statement was the first confirmation of a potential deal by either side.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Google misses revenue target, ad prices slide
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- UPDATE 1-Bank of America's financial crisis costs become a recurring nightmare
- UPDATE 2-Leash on expenses helps AmEx counter muted user spending
Prime ministerial frontrunner Narendra Modi said he was committed to a policy of no first use of nuclear weapons, seeking to assuage concern after his Hindu nationalist BJP party vowed to revise the nuclear doctrine if elected to power. Full Article