SpiceJet gains on foreign investment hopes
Reuters Market Eye - SpiceJet (SPJT.BO) ended nearly 1 percent higher on hopes the carrier would also attract foreign investment after a senior government source told reporters rival Jet Airways(JET.NS) was the front-runner to win an investment from Etihad Airways.
Later Jet Airways (JET.NS) said that it was in talks with Etihad for a potential stake sale in the Indian carrier, although terms have not been finalised yet. The statement was the first confirmation of a potential deal by either side.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role - NY Times
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Long "to do" list for Modi as clock ticks on reform
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article