UPDATE 2-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 4 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson and Sanofi have shown interest in Bausch & Lomb Inc, the eye-care company Warburg Pincus is seeking to sell for at least $10 billion, people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg. ()
* The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is investigating the trading losses at JPMorgan Chase & Co's chief investment office and is preparing an enforcement action, Bloomberg reported, citing a person briefed on the situation. ()
* Spain's largest bank Santander will cut 3,000 jobs following its planned merger with its Banesto subsidiary, Cinco Dias reported, citing sources from unions and close to the bank.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- Israel's Mossad takes hunt for foreign spies and informants online
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article