UPDATE 2-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 4 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson and Sanofi have shown interest in Bausch & Lomb Inc, the eye-care company Warburg Pincus is seeking to sell for at least $10 billion, people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg. ()
* The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is investigating the trading losses at JPMorgan Chase & Co's chief investment office and is preparing an enforcement action, Bloomberg reported, citing a person briefed on the situation. ()
* Spain's largest bank Santander will cut 3,000 jobs following its planned merger with its Banesto subsidiary, Cinco Dias reported, citing sources from unions and close to the bank.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Preview: Basel fans baffled by new coach Sousa's switches
- Obama, Modi vow to boost strategic ties, create model for world
- Preview: Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- China censors try to blunt Hong Kong protests, don't always succeed
- Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi must not give in to U.S. pressure to change intellectual property laws which allow India to produce generic medicines poor people can afford, the medical charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said. Full Article | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article