Market Eye Weekahead - Infosys kicks off blue-chip results
Market Eye Weekahead - Indian markets are expected to remain in a narrow range ahead of the October-December quarterly results from IT bellwether Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) on Friday, which will kick off the earnings reporting season.
Industrial output is also due on Friday, a key indicator ahead of the RBI's policy review on January 29.
The gains come as India's indexes have gained in each of the four trading sessions so far in 2013, posting their best weekly gains since the week ended on November 30.
Telecom stocks could also be in focus as an Indian ministerial panel is due to meet on Monday to discuss the government's plans for the next airwave auction.
KEY FACTORS TO WATCH
Mon: Telecoms panel meeting on airwave auction; coal-power inter-ministerial meeting on long-term supply pacts in India's power sector
Tue: Karnataka iron ore case arguments in Indian top court
Wed: IndusInd Bank Ltd Oct-Dec earnings
Fri: Infosys' Oct-Dec earnings; Nov industrial output
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Harley-Davidson, a U.S. icon, highlights offshoring's perils
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article