India cbank bought 79.12 bln rupees of bonds through OMO on Dec 24
MUMBAI Jan 4 (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India bought 79.12 billion rupees ($1.44 billion) of bonds on Dec. 24 through outright open market operations, it said in a release on Friday.
However, there was no clarity on secondary market purchases by RBI in the week ended Dec. 28 in the release, which was in a new format.
($1= 55.1 rupees) (Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Rodgers
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article