Lampard joins Dixon on 193 Chelsea goals
REUTERS - Frank Lampard became Chelsea's joint second highest goal-scorer of all time alongside Kerry Dixon when he converted a penalty in the 5-1 win at Southampton in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
England midfielder Lampard's second-half penalty, the fifth of the game for the FA Cup holders, put him on 193 career goals for the London club.
Bobby Tambling leads the way with 202 goals.
Lampard, 34, who came on in the 64th minute for Branislav Ivanovic, smashed home his spot kick 18 minutes later after a cross from fellow substitute Marko Marin was handled.
The penalty also helped Lampard join Tambling as the club's highest FA Cup scorer on 25 goals.
Senegal striker Demba Ba, signed from Newcastle United in midweek, marked his debut for the European champions with two goals. Victor Moses and Ivanovic were also on target after Jay Rodriguez had given Southampton an early lead.
(Reporting by Tony Jimenez; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760