HPCL, BPCL, IOC rally on hopes for fuel price hikes
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in state-run oil companies extended a recent rally on Monday on growing expectations the government will gradually raise the prices for diesel and liquefied petroleum gas, traders said.
Hindustan Petroleum Corp rose 5.5 percent, while Bharat Petroleum Corp gained 4.6 percent. Indian Oil Corp rose 1.9 percent.
Fuel subsidies in India are borne by the government, marketing and refining companies, as well as explorers.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi, Manoj Dharra; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital
Credit Suisse upgrades M&M to "outperform" from "neutral," saying its four-wheeler autos and commercial vehicles will benefit from even a short-lived economic recovery, while the auto-maker has "undemanding valuations." Full Article