HPCL, BPCL, IOC rally on hopes for fuel price hikes
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in state-run oil companies extended a recent rally on Monday on growing expectations the government will gradually raise the prices for diesel and liquefied petroleum gas, traders said.
Hindustan Petroleum Corp rose 5.5 percent, while Bharat Petroleum Corp gained 4.6 percent. Indian Oil Corp rose 1.9 percent.
Fuel subsidies in India are borne by the government, marketing and refining companies, as well as explorers.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi, Manoj Dharra; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 2-EU agrees economic sanctions on Russia
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
Top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel posted a 61 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday but fell short of analyst estimates as its African business continued to weigh. Full Article
Finmeccanica settles with Italy prosecutors to end Indian chopper deal probe. Full Article