Govt likely to infuse $544 mln in FY13: SBI head
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has indicated a capital infusion of 30 billion rupees into State Bank of India in the current fiscal year ending in March 2013, the bank's chairman said on Monday.
The infusion into the country's biggest bank will be done through a preferential allotment of shares, Pratip Chaudhury told reporters.
Capital infusion plans for the next financial year have not been finalised yet, Chaudhury added.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video