Govt likely to infuse $544 mln in FY13: SBI head
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has indicated a capital infusion of 30 billion rupees into State Bank of India in the current fiscal year ending in March 2013, the bank's chairman said on Monday.
The infusion into the country's biggest bank will be done through a preferential allotment of shares, Pratip Chaudhury told reporters.
Capital infusion plans for the next financial year have not been finalised yet, Chaudhury added.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article