Govt likely to infuse $544 mln in FY13: SBI head
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has indicated a capital infusion of 30 billion rupees into State Bank of India in the current fiscal year ending in March 2013, the bank's chairman said on Monday.
The infusion into the country's biggest bank will be done through a preferential allotment of shares, Pratip Chaudhury told reporters.
Capital infusion plans for the next financial year have not been finalised yet, Chaudhury added.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
India's largest cigarette maker ITC Ltd on Tuesday said first-quarter net profit grew 16 percent, lagging forecasts although sales beat market expectations. Full Article
With PlayStation network, Sony goes back to the future in search of revival Full Article