Govt likely to infuse $544 mln in FY13: SBI head
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has indicated a capital infusion of 30 billion rupees into State Bank of India in the current fiscal year ending in March 2013, the bank's chairman said on Monday.
The infusion into the country's biggest bank will be done through a preferential allotment of shares, Pratip Chaudhury told reporters.
Capital infusion plans for the next financial year have not been finalised yet, Chaudhury added.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article