Alitalia investor denies talks under way to sell stake in airline
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian holding company IMMSI (IMSI.MI) said on Monday no talks were under way for the sale of its 7.08 percent stake in the Italian airline.
"IMMSI, in confirming the comments released by Air France (AIRF.PA), denies the existence of any talks in course with the aim of selling (the stake)," IMMSI said in a statement.
Italian newspaper Il Messaggero reported on Sunday that Air France was in advanced talks to buy the whole of Alitalia.
"There is nothing. There are no negotiations," Air France CEO Alexandre de Juniac told Reuters earlier on Monday.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes; editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut