BofA Merrill turns positive on Indian state-owned banks
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America Merrill Lynch upgraded State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda (BOB.NS), and Oriental Bank of Commerce Ltd (ORBC.NS) to 'buy'.
The investment bank says upgrades come on the back of a steepening bond yield curve in the anticipation of RBI rate cuts, stronger-than-expected loan recoveries, and reduced quality pressures.
BofA Merrill also upgrades its price objectives for private banks, retaining ICICI Bank Ltd (ICBK.NS) as its top pick, and HDFC Bank Ltd (HDBK.NS) and Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.NS) as its "preferred" names. All three banks have 'buy' ratings.
"Private banks will likely continue to deliver structurally superior earnings and RoEs, especially over the medium term," BofA Merrill says in a note dated Tuesday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article