BofA Merrill turns positive on Indian state-owned banks
Reuters Market Eye - Bank of America Merrill Lynch upgraded State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda (BOB.NS), and Oriental Bank of Commerce Ltd (ORBC.NS) to 'buy'.
The investment bank says upgrades come on the back of a steepening bond yield curve in the anticipation of RBI rate cuts, stronger-than-expected loan recoveries, and reduced quality pressures.
BofA Merrill also upgrades its price objectives for private banks, retaining ICICI Bank Ltd (ICBK.NS) as its top pick, and HDFC Bank Ltd (HDBK.NS) and Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.NS) as its "preferred" names. All three banks have 'buy' ratings.
"Private banks will likely continue to deliver structurally superior earnings and RoEs, especially over the medium term," BofA Merrill says in a note dated Tuesday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TIMELINE-The search for missing Malaysian jet
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Malaysia air force denies tracking missing jet to Strait of Malacca
Budget airline SpiceJet has signed a deal with Boeing Co to buy 42 737 MAX jets in a deal worth $4.4 billion at list prices, the company said on Wednesday, sending its shares up more than 7 percent. Full Article | Quote