Gun task force to meet this week with entertainment industry
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden is slated to meet with representatives from the entertainment industry this week to discuss the role that movies and video games play in gun violence in America, the White House said on Tuesday.
The task force is meeting with a wide range of groups, including victims of gun violence and gun owners, as Biden works on recommendations on how to respond to a mass shooting last month in Newtown, Connecticut, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton and Steve Holland; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fears for tough penalties grow as India cleans up business
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- No fear of deflation: Indian consumers respond to softer oil, food prices
- Giving pricey hepatitis drug to prisoners may be financially wise
- New Jerusalem find may shed light on Jewish revolt against Romans
Death of a Designer
Oscar de la Renta, the legendary fashion designer who dressed first ladies and Hollywood stars during a career that spanned five decades, was remembered for his exquisite style, generous heart and tireless philanthropy. Full Article