Gun task force to meet this week with entertainment industry
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden is slated to meet with representatives from the entertainment industry this week to discuss the role that movies and video games play in gun violence in America, the White House said on Tuesday.
The task force is meeting with a wide range of groups, including victims of gun violence and gun owners, as Biden works on recommendations on how to respond to a mass shooting last month in Newtown, Connecticut, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton and Steve Holland; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
- U.S. advises against non-essential travel to countries hit by Ebola
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- UPDATE 3-Apache to quit gas projects in Australia and Canada
In a shabby cinema tucked away in a backstreet of central Paris, a crowd of ageing devotees are putting up quiet resistance to the might of on-line pornography. Faced with the onslaught of the Web, "Le Beverley" bills itself as the last registered porn-only cinema in Paris still serving a diet of retro classics to a loyal clientele. Full Article