Gun task force to meet this week with entertainment industry
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden is slated to meet with representatives from the entertainment industry this week to discuss the role that movies and video games play in gun violence in America, the White House said on Tuesday.
The task force is meeting with a wide range of groups, including victims of gun violence and gun owners, as Biden works on recommendations on how to respond to a mass shooting last month in Newtown, Connecticut, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton and Steve Holland; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang'
This is a movie that does women’s empowerment a huge disservice — it depicts the protagonists as one-dimensional characters; equates justice with mob violence. What’s more, it isn’t even entertaining cinema, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article