Gun task force to meet this week with entertainment industry
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden is slated to meet with representatives from the entertainment industry this week to discuss the role that movies and video games play in gun violence in America, the White House said on Tuesday.
The task force is meeting with a wide range of groups, including victims of gun violence and gun owners, as Biden works on recommendations on how to respond to a mass shooting last month in Newtown, Connecticut, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton and Steve Holland; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Japan's NTT DoCoMo to exit India telecoms joint venture - sources
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Nokia to name Rajeev Suri as next CEO on Tuesday - report
- BREAKINGVIEWS-Review: India's Singh wasn't king, Modi could be
- Met office sees below-average monsoon in 2014
Janet Yellen, the first woman to lead the U.S. Federal Reserve, pop star Miley Cyrus and Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly were among the 41 women in the Time 100, the most women ever included in the magazine's list of the world's most influential people. Full Article