Gun task force to meet this week with entertainment industry
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden is slated to meet with representatives from the entertainment industry this week to discuss the role that movies and video games play in gun violence in America, the White House said on Tuesday.
The task force is meeting with a wide range of groups, including victims of gun violence and gun owners, as Biden works on recommendations on how to respond to a mass shooting last month in Newtown, Connecticut, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton and Steve Holland; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia
- Microsoft sales beat Street hopes, cloud profits up
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Gold edges higher but set for weekly loss on dollar and U.S. data
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream Indian cinema. This year, she plays Laila, a teenager who is afflicted with cerebral palsy in Shonali Bose’s “Margarita, With a Straw”. Koechlin spoke to Reuters about her role in the film and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article