Gun task force to meet this week with entertainment industry
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden is slated to meet with representatives from the entertainment industry this week to discuss the role that movies and video games play in gun violence in America, the White House said on Tuesday.
The task force is meeting with a wide range of groups, including victims of gun violence and gun owners, as Biden works on recommendations on how to respond to a mass shooting last month in Newtown, Connecticut, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton and Steve Holland; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House passes bill to avert govt shutdown, extend Export-Import bank
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- UPDATE 2-Bug delays Apple's HealthKit availability on iOS 8