MARKET EYE-Indian shares down; defensives gain
* The BSE index down 0.16 percent and the NSE index down 0.27 percent. * Larsen & Toubro shares fall 1.5 percent. Citigroup and Barclays downgraded the engineering conglomerate on concerns over order cancellations and weak investment cycle. * Traders say market is consolidating and likely to remain in a narrow range until outcome of industrial output and Infosys earnings due on Friday. * Infosys down 1.9 percent on caution ahead of earnings. * However, defensive stocks up: Index heavyweight ITC Ltd (RIC) gains 2 percent after falling 3.9 percent last month and 2.7 percent so far in January. The cigarette maker surged 42.47 percent last year. * Cipla gains 1.4 percent while Dr Reddy's Laboratories up 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article