India says soldiers killed by Pakistani troops in Kashmir
JAMMU, India (Reuters) - Two Indian soldiers killed on the Indian side of the Line of Control dividing Kashmir on Tuesday were fired upon by Pakistani troops, an Indian military spokesman said.
The incident was "a significant escalation ... of ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts supported by the Pakistan Army," said Rajesh K. Kalia, spokesman for the Indian army's Northern Command.
An Indian foreign ministry spokesman referred queries to the military.
(Reporting by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
- Female suicide bombers kill at least 44 in Nigeria's northeast
- France to send armoured unit to Poland for exercises
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
China's advance has been aided by bickering between India and Pakistan that stymies almost all attempts at integration in a region that is home to a fifth of the world's population but has barely any shared roads, fuel pipes or power lines. Full Article