India says soldiers killed by Pakistani troops in Kashmir
JAMMU, India (Reuters) - Two Indian soldiers killed on the Indian side of the Line of Control dividing Kashmir on Tuesday were fired upon by Pakistani troops, an Indian military spokesman said.
The incident was "a significant escalation ... of ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts supported by the Pakistan Army," said Rajesh K. Kalia, spokesman for the Indian army's Northern Command.
An Indian foreign ministry spokesman referred queries to the military.
(Reporting by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-India's Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- Google feeds India and China from data centres next door
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial