India says soldiers killed by Pakistani troops in Kashmir
JAMMU, India (Reuters) - Two Indian soldiers killed on the Indian side of the Line of Control dividing Kashmir on Tuesday were fired upon by Pakistani troops, an Indian military spokesman said.
The incident was "a significant escalation ... of ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts supported by the Pakistan Army," said Rajesh K. Kalia, spokesman for the Indian army's Northern Command.
An Indian foreign ministry spokesman referred queries to the military.
(Reporting by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
Modi's U.S. Trip
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on his first trip to New York as leader of the world's most populous democracy, will draw perhaps the largest crowd ever by a foreign leader on U.S. soil when he takes the stage on Sunday in Madison Square Garden before a crowd forecast to total more than 18,000 people. Full Article