India says soldiers killed by Pakistani troops in Kashmir
JAMMU, India (Reuters) - Two Indian soldiers killed on the Indian side of the Line of Control dividing Kashmir on Tuesday were fired upon by Pakistani troops, an Indian military spokesman said.
The incident was "a significant escalation ... of ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts supported by the Pakistan Army," said Rajesh K. Kalia, spokesman for the Indian army's Northern Command.
An Indian foreign ministry spokesman referred queries to the military.
(Reporting by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- UPDATE 2-Moscow courts back closure of three McDonald's branches
- UPDATE 2-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article