India says soldiers killed by Pakistani troops in Kashmir
JAMMU, India (Reuters) - Two Indian soldiers killed on the Indian side of the Line of Control dividing Kashmir on Tuesday were fired upon by Pakistani troops, an Indian military spokesman said.
The incident was "a significant escalation ... of ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts supported by the Pakistan Army," said Rajesh K. Kalia, spokesman for the Indian army's Northern Command.
An Indian foreign ministry spokesman referred queries to the military.
(Reporting by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Google misses revenue target, ad prices slide
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- UPDATE 1-Bank of America's financial crisis costs become a recurring nightmare
- UPDATE 2-Leash on expenses helps AmEx counter muted user spending
Prime ministerial frontrunner Narendra Modi said he was committed to a policy of no first use of nuclear weapons, seeking to assuage concern after his Hindu nationalist BJP party vowed to revise the nuclear doctrine if elected to power. Full Article