L&T falls on brokerage downgrades
Reuters Market Eye - Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) shares ended down 1.34 percent after Citigroup and Barclays downgraded the engineering conglomerate on concerns over order cancellations and weak investment cycle.
Citi downgraded L&T to 'neutral' from 'buy' and cut its target price to 1,732 rupees from 1,855 rupees, citing cancellations in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, slow-moving orders, as well as weaker domestic economic growth.
Barclays downgraded L&T to 'equal-weight' from 'overweight' and cut target price to 1,750 rupees from 1,851 rupees.
The bank says it expects L&T to meet its fiscal 2013 guidance but cautions that weakness in the investment cycle in fiscal 2014 will post a risk to order estimates.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- UPDATE 1-HBO strikes deal with Amazon to stream shows
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read