L&T falls on brokerage downgrades
Reuters Market Eye - Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) shares ended down 1.34 percent after Citigroup and Barclays downgraded the engineering conglomerate on concerns over order cancellations and weak investment cycle.
Citi downgraded L&T to 'neutral' from 'buy' and cut its target price to 1,732 rupees from 1,855 rupees, citing cancellations in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, slow-moving orders, as well as weaker domestic economic growth.
Barclays downgraded L&T to 'equal-weight' from 'overweight' and cut target price to 1,750 rupees from 1,851 rupees.
The bank says it expects L&T to meet its fiscal 2013 guidance but cautions that weakness in the investment cycle in fiscal 2014 will post a risk to order estimates.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-AT&T threatens to sit out U.S. spectrum auction over rules
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- UPDATE 3-Google misses revenue target, ad prices slide
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- US STOCKS-Wall St gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls
Prime ministerial frontrunner Narendra Modi said he was committed to a policy of no first use of nuclear weapons, seeking to assuage concern after his Hindu nationalist BJP party vowed to revise the nuclear doctrine if elected to power. Full Article