L&T falls on brokerage downgrades
Reuters Market Eye - Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) shares ended down 1.34 percent after Citigroup and Barclays downgraded the engineering conglomerate on concerns over order cancellations and weak investment cycle.
Citi downgraded L&T to 'neutral' from 'buy' and cut its target price to 1,732 rupees from 1,855 rupees, citing cancellations in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, slow-moving orders, as well as weaker domestic economic growth.
Barclays downgraded L&T to 'equal-weight' from 'overweight' and cut target price to 1,750 rupees from 1,851 rupees.
The bank says it expects L&T to meet its fiscal 2013 guidance but cautions that weakness in the investment cycle in fiscal 2014 will post a risk to order estimates.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Oil ministry to seek Cabinet nod on diesel deregulation - sources
The Reserve Bank of India said that all transactions involving domestic credit cards must follow rules requiring additional verification, a stance that could impact companies such as Uber Technologies Inc that provide more simple app-based purchases. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article