India summons Pakistan envoy over Kashmir incident
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India summoned Pakistan's ambassador to New Delhi, Salman Bashir, on Wednesday to register a protest over the killing of two Indian soldiers on the military control line in Kashmir in an encounter blamed on Pakistan.
Bashir was due to meet Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai, a foreign ministry spokesman said, after New Delhi branded the incident as "highly provocative and said the mutilation of the bodies of the slain soldiers was "inhuman".
(Writing by Sanjeev Miglani; Editing by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- E-tailer Flipkart raises $1 billion in funding
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- ICC bans Moeen Ali from wearing 'Save Gaza' wristbands