Supreme Court rejects Sahara's review plea
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Supreme Court of India has rejected an appeal by the Sahara conglomerate seeking a review of the court's order last year to repay billions of dollars it raised from small investors by selling outlawed bonds, according to an order posted on the court's website.
A spokesman for Sahara, one of India's biggest business groups and a household name through its sponsorship of the national cricket team, was not immediately available for a comment.
(Also read: Sahara - massive, splashy ... and mysterious, click here)
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide