Supreme Court rejects Sahara's review plea
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Supreme Court of India has rejected an appeal by the Sahara conglomerate seeking a review of the court's order last year to repay billions of dollars it raised from small investors by selling outlawed bonds, according to an order posted on the court's website.
A spokesman for Sahara, one of India's biggest business groups and a household name through its sponsorship of the national cricket team, was not immediately available for a comment.
(Also read: Sahara - massive, splashy ... and mysterious, click here)
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article