Rupee inches higher on local share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee edges marginally higher to 54.96/97 versus Tuesday's close of 54.99/55.00 on the back of mild gains in regional and domestic sharemarkets.
Traders however say macroeconomic concerns would continue to occupy centrestage after Fitch's renewed ratings downgrade warning on Tuesday.
Traders expect the pair to move in a 54.85 to 55.05 range initially in the session. The Sensex trading up 0.3 percent while the broader Nifty trading up 0.2 percent.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive