Rupee inches higher on local share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee edges marginally higher to 54.96/97 versus Tuesday's close of 54.99/55.00 on the back of mild gains in regional and domestic sharemarkets.
Traders however say macroeconomic concerns would continue to occupy centrestage after Fitch's renewed ratings downgrade warning on Tuesday.
Traders expect the pair to move in a 54.85 to 55.05 range initially in the session. The Sensex trading up 0.3 percent while the broader Nifty trading up 0.2 percent.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article