Rupee inches higher on local share gains
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee edges marginally higher to 54.96/97 versus Tuesday's close of 54.99/55.00 on the back of mild gains in regional and domestic sharemarkets.
Traders however say macroeconomic concerns would continue to occupy centrestage after Fitch's renewed ratings downgrade warning on Tuesday.
Traders expect the pair to move in a 54.85 to 55.05 range initially in the session. The Sensex trading up 0.3 percent while the broader Nifty trading up 0.2 percent.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article