Citigroup downgrades India to 'underweight'
Reuters Market Eye - Citigroup downgrades India to "underweight" from "neutral", as part of its emerging markets review, saying a rebound in economic growth, corporate risk appetite and the investment cycle may not be as strong as current expectations.
Citigroup adds the "ongoing political battles and the upcoming 2014 elections may make this year noisy."
However, more government reform action, along with easing inflation and falling interest rates should support equities, added the bank.
Citi says Indian shares can at best rise 7 percent more from present levels.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- E-tailer Flipkart raises $1 billion in funding
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- With PlayStation network, Sony goes back to the future in search of revival
With PlayStation network, Sony goes back to the future in search of revival Full Article