Citigroup downgrades India to 'underweight'
Reuters Market Eye - Citigroup downgrades India to "underweight" from "neutral", as part of its emerging markets review, saying a rebound in economic growth, corporate risk appetite and the investment cycle may not be as strong as current expectations.
Citigroup adds the "ongoing political battles and the upcoming 2014 elections may make this year noisy."
However, more government reform action, along with easing inflation and falling interest rates should support equities, added the bank.
Citi says Indian shares can at best rise 7 percent more from present levels.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Modi calls for early settlement of China border issue
- UPDATE 2-Border standoff dominates China Xi's visit to India
- Nifty, Sensex surge nearly 2 percent, gain most in over three months
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow